Wednesday 20 April 2011

Not idly do the tees of Lorien fall

Understatement of the eon it may be, nevertheless it bears mentioning that I have a rather soft spot for the Lord of the Rings and it's many permutations. Let's see, we have:

The books: epic, engrossing, very, very long. I read at about 40,000 WPM and they took me a month to get through, despite my penchant for all things hobbity. However, this is not to say I didn't enjoy them; they are probably my biggest influence when it comes to writing my own (albeit, awful) stories.

The films: Epic, obviously. And full of hot dudes with swords. By which I mean the utter scope and the attention to detail, the minutiae of costuming and lore; it was a mammoth task to convert such an iconic series of novels into moving pictures, and one that I think the makers and producers and actors did a rather bang-up job of, verily!

The t-shirt: I think my reaction was 'ASDFGHJKLKJHGFDSDFGHJKLJHYTRE!"£'



I don't know about you, but when I think of LotR and Masonic imagery I get rather excited (yeah, okay so the Masonic stuff reminds me of National Treasure. And my excuses for that being an adult thing to say are twofold: Sean Bean and Nicholas Cage.) I digress, I digress. Why don't we just let the garment speak for itself?



 

The intricacy of the elvish script! Yes I'm a huge nerd!



Look! A tiny Frodo and Samwise! Again, though this blog was not originally intended to be a constant promotional tool, this shirt was purchased in a flurry of mis-typed credit card info and hyperventilation from threadless. I promise, my next entry will attempt to diversify slightly, but they really are an amazing store.

I wear this with dark grey skinnies, leather jacket, cons and an attitude. Broadsword optional.

(I would normally apologise for the awful title pun but I'm actually quite proud of it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment